Maintaining a safe travel surface on the primary road system is a continuous job. In order to provide safe mobility for the public, we need a large workforce to do these jobs. With 24,000 lane miles of roadway to maintain, they could use some extra hands on deck this season.
Selected applicants can expect to:
- Operate maintenance and snow/ice removal equipment, such as end loaders, single or tandem axel dump trucks that may be equipped with tailgate or hopper spreaders, straight blades or V-plows, snowplow wing blades and underside ice blades.
- Must possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) upon hire.
- Applicants with a commercial instruction permit will be required to obtain a valid Class A or B CDL within 30 calendar days of being hired.
- Required CDL endorsements will be determined by the appointing authority.
- Commercial Driver's License must be obtained and maintained.
- Pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and participate in a random drug and alcohol testing program after hire.
Compensation is $17.45
Temporary employment period will be October 5, 2018 through April 18, 2019.